How to look after your Bigatmo’s
Now that you are the proud owner of a pair of gleaming Bigatmo’s it is essential to make sure they fit correctly. Your Optician will carefully adjust the nose pads until your sunglasses are just right. It is unusual to need to ease the temples but, if you do, your Optician will have to do this very gently as a tiny adjustment by the “torpedo” will make a much bigger one at the ear-tips and it is always preferable that they feel secure.
Bigatmo lenses incorporate a high quality anti-scratch treatment which means that the lenses are scratch resistant, not scratch proof. By taking a few precautions to preserve the lenses, they will last for many years:
- When you’re not wearing your Bigatmo sunglasses store them in their microfibre bag and protective case.
- Do not place lenses face down on any surface.
- Never put your sunglasses loose in a pocket or purse where objects may damage lenses.
- Do not leave your sunglasses where conditions are intensely hot or cold.
Cleaning Bigatmo lenses
- Blow loose particles off the lens and clean with the special Bigatmo microfibre cleaning bag they came in. A high quality optical lens cloth can also be used.
- If you need to wash your sunglasses use a mild liquid soap diluted with warm water. (Even though Bigatmo lenses have excellent chemical resistance, strong detergents, solvents or other chemicals should never be used.)
- Since salt is highly abrasive, rinse the lenses with fresh water before cleaning.
- Never use tissues or other paper products to clean the lenses.
Warning: Bigatmo eyewear is not warranted against normal wear, including lens scratching or accidental frame damage. See warranty.